Thursday, May 30, 2024

Why do I want to be an advocate for people with disabilities

 


  I have seen and heard so much misjudgment from the media to people who make fun of people with disabilities, Hollywood, and It is just wrong how people treat people with disabilities differently. People with disabilities in history have been put though so much worse and you do not know the half of it. Adolf Hitler pointed fingers at anyone that was different when I mean anyone, that also includes people with disabilities. Though out history people with disabilities were known to be weak, dumb, outsider’s, put into boxes and even casted out of their family’s as well. Even textbooks were wrong about me. That’s why I  want to be an advocate so I can teach people another way to see us who we really are. I am in an short documentary that I did with my program called TALL Thomas Adventures in lifelong learning and they partnered up with Cincinnati Ensemble theatre and it is called See My Ability Not My Disability. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment